Order Processing and Logistics Admin
NIRx Medizintechnik GmbH is looking to hire an organized, resourceful, and highly-motivated administrator for order processing and logistics administration.
Our Berlin office is part of a small but rapidly-growing international medical devices company headquartered in Los Angeles, USA. We specialize in high-end hardware and software used in brain imaging research.
Under the direct supervision of the GMBH office manager, this position provides administrative and general support to the GMBH office and provides direct support to the Logistics department. The scope of work focuses heavily on order processing, customs declarations, and seeing the logistics process through from order to delivery, providing updates along the way. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload. Works according to industry standards and helps in implementing best practices and procedures.
- Responsible for all procedures and communication regarding the processing of incoming orders.
- Responsible for all tasks for generating the necessary documents (Quotes, Order Confirmations, Packing Lists, Invoices, etc.) and the communication of status updates of production/delivery and backorders to NIRx sales, distributors, and customers.
- Handles all matters related to customs declaration, in particular, the generation of commercial invoices and handling of export processing (customs declaration) and ensuring the appropriate declaration for import into the destination country.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Sorts and distributes mail. Opens mail for the vice president. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information
- Answers phones and takes messages or fields/answers routine and non-routine questions.
- Works in cooperation with other admin and department personnel to ensure incoming communications receive a response.
- Main contact for inter-office communication and reporting between NIRx GmbH and NIRx LLC.
- Meets regularly, via web meetings, with the US office, and will compile summary reports and financial statements.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of management, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, and coordinating direct mailings.
- Technical Capacity.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Proven computer literacy (either through relevant certification or extensive experience);
- Previous experience with the use of ERP software and handling of order processing through an ERP software
- German and English language proficiency.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 40 hours a week, with the flexibility to adjust hours when needed.
- Full-time employment with flexible hours
- An interestingand dynamic work environment
- The possibility to work closely with international colleagues, business partners, and customers from industry and academia.
- Office location in the heart of Berlin
Please submit your application here.